Comp Cams Xtreme Energy L67 Cam 1
The following dyno results are from our customer Luan Zeqollari's 2002 GTP.
Consistent with ALL 3 dyno results are the following vehicle modifications:
- 3.0" supercharger pulley
- ported supercharger
- ported/polished throttle body
- K&N filter open-cone intake
- The Other Guys Titanium-Coated Exhaust Headers
- aftermarket catalytic converter
- SLP "Loudmouth" Exhaust System
- Digital Horsepower Inc. v1.0 PCM with 20 degrees of total timing advance
- vehicle had stock transmission, gearing, and differential
- dynos were performed in 2nd gear, with engine coolant temperatures reading 190-195*
The differences between the three dyno results are as followed:
3/15/03 - Green Line = 271.8 HP, 340.3 TQ
- vehicle has competitor's 1.9:1 ratio rocker arms and oil-restricted pushrods, and competitor's polyurethane motor mounts.
4/21/03 - Red Line = 260.0 HP, 350.7 TQ
- competitor's rocker arms were removed and stock rocker arms were put back in.
- competitor's motor mounts were removed and replaced with MSP "TBv2" Polyurethane Upper Motor Mounts.
5/14/03 - Blue Line = 294.6 HP, 368.6 TQ
- Comp Cams Xtreme Energy L67 Cam 1 installed.
- Comp Cams Hydraulic Roller Lifters, Comp Cams 105 lb. High Load Valvesprings, Comp Cams Ti Retainers installed.
- competitor's oil-restricted pushrods were removed and replaced with Comp Cams Hi-Tech Pushrods.
3/15/03 to 4/21/03 Dyno Results Comparison
When comparing the 3/15/03 dyno results with the 4/21/03 dyno results,
you see that Luan only lost 11.8 HP due to going back to stock 1.6:1
ratio rocker arms.
What IS interesting to note is the 10.4 TQ gain seen from
removing the competitor's motor mounts and replacing them with the MSP "TBv2" Motor Mounts.
We won't speculate on this... we'll let the numbers do the talking.
4/21/03 to 5/14/03 Dyno Results Comparison
The 4/21/03 dyno results can now be considered the "baseline" numbers, and
the 5/14/0 dyno results are a true representation of what the Comp Cams
Xtreme Energy L67 Cam and it's "matching" valvetrain components will
produce on a mildly-modded vehicle. As you can see, the results are an
incredible 34.6 HP and 17.9 TQ gain to the wheels!! Truly impressive
Content and Graphics Copyrightę 3800 Performance
2003. All Rights Reserved.
All Third Party Names, Images and Trademarks may be the property of their respective holders.